Saturday March 26, 2016
Congratulations! You’ve decided that it is time to move and put your home on the market. But before you do there are certain steps you must take to get your home ready to sell. Read below for Step One on How to Get Your Home Ready to Sell.
- Assess your home – Walk through your home with the eyes of a new homes in forney tx buyer and not the current homeowner. Does your roof, hot water heater, or gutters need to be replaced? Do your ceilings have water stains? Is a faucet leaking? Are your windows and doors properly insulated? Are there any cracks in the walls? Do the doors open and close properly? Look for things that may be damaged or potential problem areas because buyers will definitely spot these things.
- Repaint the walls – Give your home a paint makeover. This is especially good for any areas that are painted in bold colors. Neutral tones, like tan and white, are ideal for selling a home because they are not dramatic colors that may take a buyer’s attention away from the space.
- Deep clean – Your home needs to sparkle from top to bottom. Thoroughly clean the carpets, mop the hardwoods and tiles, dust the baseboards and ceiling fans as well as wipe down the hand rails, banisters, mirrors and windows, polish your appliances and hardware. You may even want to consider hiring a professional cleaning service to get your home in tip top shape.
- Get rid of clutter – Buyers do not want to see your stack of mail or newspapers, shoes piled up near the front door, and other clutter. Clear off countertops, tables, and other places that have amassed items that will not help sell your home.
- Depersonalize your home – As buyers tour new homes in forney tx they want to imagine themselves in that space. Therefore it it’s important to transform your home back into a house. Remove personal items like family photos, trinkets, kid’s artwork and other mementos as well as bold or dramatic pieces of furniture or artwork.
These are the first steps for getting your home in shape. Stay tuned for a future posts for the second step of getting your home ready to sell.