Saturday February 20, 2016
Are you a foodie? Do you want to know where to find exotic eats near your new homes in Dallas TX community? Here’s a list of the exotic eats you can find in and around the DFW.
- Brain Masala – Did someone order brains? That’s exactly what you can get at BBQ Tonite in Carrollton. This masala dish is comprised of cilantro, herbs, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, and other spices.
- Crispy Sweetbreads – Sweetbread is not even bread, nor is it sweet. In fact, sweetbread pancreas and neck or throat glands. You can find this exotic dish that is ready to share at Meddlesome Moth in Dallas.
- Rocky Mountain Elk Loin – If you love exotic meats then you have to try this dish at the Lonesome Dove Bistro in Fort Worth. It is part of the main course at this restaurant and is served with salsify, hen-of-the-woods, Swiss chard, and candied grapes.
- Michoacán salsa and Moronga – Moronga is a sausage made of pig’s blood and is considered a delicacy found in Central American, Cuban, Mexican and Puerto Rican dishes. Michoacán salsa and Moronga is a blood pudding made out of blood, heart, pancita and intestines. DFW residents can find this exotic food at Revolver Taco Lounge in Fort Worth.
- Pate – Is a South American style beef heart pate dish that is infused with herbs and wine. You can find it at Joyce & Gigi’s in Dallas.
- Tripa – Tripe is an edible stomach lining. This dish consists of slow simmered tripe, garlic, herbs, and onions with a lightly crisped a la plancha. You can find this Mexican delicacy at Salsa Limón locations throughout the Fort Worth.
We’d love to hear from you. What exotic foods have you tried or plan to try around your new homes in Dallas TX?