Monday January 26, 2015
It doesn’t take much time or effort to live green. Not only does living green help the environment but it will also help you save money. Altura Homes in Sheridan Parc include energy savings from ceiling fans, gas water heater, low e windows, programmable thermostat, radiant barrier and 16+ SEER AC. Here are 15 easy ways to live more green in 2015 To go along with the above mentioned energy savings at your new home in desoto tx.
- Do not rinse dishes before putting them in your dishwasher.
- Do not pre-heat the oven if you’re not baking break or making pastries.
- Do not open the oven door to check on your food. This temptation will waste heat.
- Do not wear shoes in the house to reduce the amount of pathogens entering your home. This will lessen the amount of dirt that enters your home, help reduce the amount of electricity and products needed to clean your home as well as improve the overall air quality of your new home.
- Only run the dishwasher, washer and dryer at full loads.
- Take shorter showers instead of longer showers or baths to reduce water use.
- Opt for a meatless meal to help reduce the amount of greenhouse gases produces by raising livestock.
- Open the blinds and let the sunlight in to help warm up your home a few degrees. This can be done all year long.
- Unplug electronics from outlets when they are not in use to save electricity. You could also use a power strip that you can easily turn off when they’re not in use for energy savings.
- Turn off water while brushing your teeth.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Choose online bill pay to cut down on paper.
- Recycle aluminum, glass, magazines, newspapers, and plastic.
- Buy eco-friendly cleaning products instead of ones that contain toxic chemicals. You could also make your own natural cleaners out of items like ammonia, baking soda, lemon and white vinegar.
- Water plants early and late to retain water and allow moisture to penetrate.
Altura Homes currently has three available homes in Sheridan Parc starting from the high $100’s. Call Kimberly Cockrell at 214-991-6198 if you’re interested in purchasing a new home in desoto tx.