Sunday November 30, 2014
Many homes in wylie tx homeowners have to make tough decisions regarding their belongings to prepare for an upcoming move. Deciding what should stay and what should go is a necessary evil. Here’s what you should keep in mind when moving into your new home.
- Assess your belongings – Evaluate belongings in every room of your home before you start to pack. Ask yourself, “Do I really need this?” and “Will this fit in my new home?” From there you should divide items into keep, donate, giveaway or throw out piles. Duplicates or broken items should not make it to your new home.
- Clean out your closets – Go through your closets and dresser drawers to see what should go and what should stay. Donate or get rid of items that are old, don’t fit anymore or you haven’t worn in a year.
- Too much paper – Paper can quickly accumulate and turn into clutter. Unless they’re important documents or you plan on using them to pack there’s really no reason to take it with you to your new home. Reduce your paper by shredding old documents, junk mail and recycling paper and magazines
- Check expiration dates – Throw out any medications or food items that have expired.
- Unpacked belongings – Get rid of items that have remained unpacked since your last move. Be honest with yourself, if you haven’t used them since moving you probably won’t use them when you get to your new home.
New homes in wylie tx are coming soon to Covington Estates. For exciting details about this community contact Altura Homes at 888-972-1979.